I’ve started to write this post so many times, but each time it has resulted in a word-vomit pile of fangirl blathering. I’m afraid this time is no different.
Warning – this review will contain A LOT of love for this book, its author and its legendary (I swear I’m not exaggerating) #WTFthatending which I promise not to spoil.
To restrict my gushy gushball gushing, I have just 5 little things to say…
1. You have to read this book. I have never ever been so taken aback & surprised by a story and EVERYONE ON EARTH should get to experience that feeling. It is rare. It is special. It is CHUFFING BRILLIANT.
2. Props to whoever came up with the hashtag #WTFthatending. I kept seeing it everywhere which prompted me to do a bit of searching & request the title on Netgalley (thank you lovely publishers) Due to the nature of this type of “Have you read it yet?” campaign, lots of people are talking about this book but thankfully not saying too much.
3. Anyone who says they guessed the ending is a big old LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Only the beautifully brilliant author Sarah Pinborough could conceive of such exquisite intricacies and fascinating characters.
4. You WILL go back and re-read this book again once you’ve finished. Allow time for this. It’s part of the process. You will stock up on tea & chocolate digestives. They are necessary. You will search for a support group to discuss it with. I am here for you.
5. In case there was any doubt, BUY THIS BOOK NOW. Five cwtches.